Hormone imbalance is a general term that can refer to upset levels of any variety of your body’s natural regulatory substances. This article outlines 11 ways hormonal imbalances may impact your health. Click here for the full article. At Anti-Aging Centers of New Jersey, we have a hormonal imbalance doctor to help you with your symptoms and health.
Hormones that are commonly imbalanced include:
- Estrogen, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics.
- Testosterone, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics.
- Melatonin, which regulates sleep.
- Ghrelin, which regulates hunger.
- Thyroid, which regulates calorie burn.
- Aldosterone, which regulates salt levels
- Cortisol, which regulates energy.
- Progesterone, which regulates pregnancy and menstruation.
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which regulates sexual function and can be converted by your body to other hormones.
Hormonal imbalance can cause debilitating and even life-threatening problems. Take control of your hormones. Please call (973) 998-7770.